Before you decide to buy here are a few points our experience has taught us you should look for.
You should choose a realtor whose company:
- Has agents who are born and raised, or have lived on the island for at least 15 years and are knowledgeable on all aspects of the islands.
- Have agents who are well versed on regulations relating to buying, selling and have a network of available professionals that you will need along the way such as appraisers, attorneys, inspectors, contractors and landscapers.
- Includes agents that communicate well, are committed, motivated and experienced.
- Have agents who will commit to providing you with confidential, knowledgeable and responsive service and discretion.
- Has agents that will monitor and promptly deliver listings that meet your criteria, arrange showings.
- Has professionally trained agents who will facilitate the negotiations on the purchase of your property.
- Has an extensive historical database of sales in all price ranges dating back at least 30 years.